Lotus Notes to MS Outlook Email Migration
There are various email applications available in the market and each of them has its unique features. Likewise, IBM’s Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are the most popular email applications all around the world. While using Lotus Notes, users often try to switch over MS Outlook platform. Migration of Lotus Notes emails to MS Outlook may be due to any possible reason.
Why users migrate from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook?
- Fixing issues & errors encountered in Notes is a difficult task and requires technical knowledge.
- Users face difficulties while working in the complicated environment of Lotus Notes in comparison with Outlook’s environment.
- There is complexity in the installation and management of Domino Server.
- Users are switching to a place where MS Outlook is used for email-communication.
- New users require proper training to work upon Lotus Notes, which consumes both time and wealth of the organization.
Here are few steps which help you to Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook PST file manually.
Export Lotus Notes Mail Files
- Open Lotus Notes Application.
- Click the “Mail” tab
- Go to “File” option from the menu bar.
- Then, Click “Export” option to start the “Export” wizard.
- You will get several options to choose the format for the exported file from Lotus Notes.
- Choose “Tabular Text” or “Structured Text;” Both of these formats are supported by Outlook
- Click “Continue” to go through the export process.
- Click “Export” to end the wizard and export the mail file.
Import the exported email file in MS Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook application.
- Go to “File” menu then, click “Import and Export option.
- Click “Next” after the “Import and Export” wizard gets opened.
- Choose the format you chose to export the file as. Either Choose “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” or “Tab Separated Values (Windows)”
- Click “Next.”
- Continue through the “Export” wizard, Select and Browse the file exported from Lotus Notes.
- Click “Finish”.
Another alternative of such manual method is Microsoft Transporter suite which is used for exporting Lotus Notes NSF files in MS Outlook environment. It may be helpful for you but many times users come across various unexpected issues while using it. It is not a complete solution for migrating overall Lotus Domino mailboxes to MS Outlook platform. So, you should prefer a professional toll that can migrate entire NSF email items to MS Outlook platform.
Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook is a proficient tool in this field which successfully migrates overall Lotus Notes or Domino Server mailbox data to MS Outlook/MS Exchange server environment successfully. There are two modes of NSF to PST conversion: Standard mode and advanced mode. Standard mode offers you to save converted NSF files in either PST or Exchange server format. In advanced mode, you have to convert multiple NSF files at once by creating a CSV file that contains several NSF files. When conversion process gets finished, you can save converted NSF files in PST or Exchange server format.
Remarkable features of Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Performs complete and accurate conversion of NSF file into PST file including emails, contacts, tasks, notes, attachments, journals, appointments, images to Outlook file
- Smoothly converts Domino Server to PST or Domino Server to Exchange Server
- Consists of two powerful modes: Standard and Advanced mode
- Advanced mode lets the user convert multiple NSF files by creating a CSV file that contains several NSF files
- Users can change Outlook's folder name corresponding to Lotus Notes mailbox folder
- Keeps the original format intact and supports TEXT, HTML and RTF formats for saving
- User can choose to convert selective files under the specific date range
- Allows excluding "All documents" folder from Lotus notes to Outlook
- Supports Unicode Character migration
- Supports all versions of Lotus Notes, Lotus Domino Server, MS Outlook, and MS Exchange Server
- Available with free trial version
Try free evaluation version
Free Evaluation version of Kernel for Lotus Notes to Outlook allows you to convert one NSF file and save first 10 items of each folder existing in the NSF file. However, advanced mode does not work in trial version and user cannot convert any Domino file into PST or Exchange Server.